Thursday, April 12, 2012

2nd Grade Homeschool Curriculum - What Are Using This Year

It is now April and I am reviewing what we are using as far as curriculum to try to decide what I want to keep and what I would like to change for next year.  So this post will just include the books and resources we are using.  I will have a future post that will discuss why we are keeping what we are keeping and why we are changing what we are changing.  As you probably guess from the variety of resources I am an eclectic homeschooler.  So here we go:



Bible:
The Bible
DTLK Bible Activities  - online resource

Language Arts:
Phonics 
Hooked on Phonics - I have an older version that is a hand me down from my nephew
Readingresource.net - online resource
Various online reading sites

Grammar

Reading
Various Library Books
Harcourt Trophies Reading Series - Banner Days

Math:
Time4Learning
Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies - I call this my substitute teacher.  This is an online educational curriculum.  Perfect to use as a supplement or as part of your primary curriculum. I used this solely for social studies because I did not have a separete Social Studies curriculum.


Other Resoures:
I use various online websites and resources as well.  I will post many of these resources at a later date.  In addition we use the local library a lot.  It's amazing what is out there for free!

1 comment:

  1. this past week my 7th grader told us about health class...makes me wish I home schooled.
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!