Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Inspiring Tuesdays - Quotes that Challenge us to Live Better - Rachel Scott



This Tuesday I would like to bring you a quote from a truly unique and special young woman.  Her name was Rachel Scott.  If you have never heard of Rachel Scott she was the first victim of the tragic Columbine High School shootings on Tuesday, April 20, 1999.  She is considered by many to be a modern day martyr.  Upon her death one of the shooters, Eric Harris, asked Rachel "Do you believe in God?"  Rachel replied, ""You know I do?". Eric then replied, "Then go be with him," he then shot her point blank in the head.  Rachel left a legacy of kindness and has spurred a movement called Rachel's Challenge.  To learn more about Rachel's challenge visit: http://www.rachelschallenge.org/ .  Sarah Scott, Rachel's cousin, spoke the following words during Rachel's funeral.  Rachel wrote these in Sarah's school yearbook:



"Don't let your character change color with your environment. Find out who you are and let it stay it's true color." 
 - Rachel Scott

I hope you are inspired to always be true to who God made you know matter what life brings your way.  I have been truly inspired and challenged by Rachel Scott.  I recommend the following book for those of you interested in learning of her acts of kindness towards others.
Chain Reaction: A Call to Compassionate Revolution   -     
        By: Darrell Scott, Steve Rabey
"Chain Reaction: A Call to Compassionate Revolution" by Darrell Scott 


2 comments:

  1. thank you for highlighting this beautiful witness! she is an inspirations to all of us!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Learning about Rachel really has inspired me to just be better. I have looked at your blog and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!