Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Inspiring Tuesdays - Quotes that Challenge us to Live Better - George Washington Carver

I think life is all about perspective.  We get so wrapped up in our everyday lives that we often become very inward focused.  We think about what will make us happy, successful, comfortable, really the list goes on. One thing I pray my husband and I are instilling in our children is to live beyond themselves.  This world is made up of different people with different needs and this life that has been given to us is not all about us.  We have to look beyond ourselves to really see others.  For today I want to bring you a quote that helps to keep life in perspective.  It is from one of the greatest Americans that has ever lived.  George Washington Carver.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. - 
George Washington Carver



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!