Friday, June 22, 2012

A Little Yeast Can Change a Whole Batch of Dough

This spring I made a goal to start making homemade bread.  I had in my mind that I will finally be a true homemaker once I learn how to make great tasting bread.  Well this week I am happy to report that I have managed to make homemade bread three times.  Admittedly, my first attempt was about a month ago.  It didn't turn out bad but for some reason I stopped and this was my first week trying to pick it back up again.
Anyone that makes bread knows that yeast makes a huge difference.  It's amazing how the yeast causes the bread to rise.  Even once you punch the bread down the yeast will cause it to rise again.  The yeast is alive and active.


Recently, I have found myself feeling disconnected from God.  This morning during my quiet time I ran across this passage from Galatians 5:9 - "A little yeast can change a whole batch of dough ..."  Isn't God so timely with what Holy Spirit illuminates to you.  Through reading this and other scriptures in Galatians I repented of having a critical spirit towards some people in my life.  To be honest I didn't see it coming.  I can't even pin point when I allowed this spirit to infiltrate my thoughts and attitudes.  I just know it's there and has caused my texture to change just as yeast changes the texture of bread.  I repented and thanked God for showing me this.

We have to guard ourselves constantly and examine ourselves and motives each day.  Every time we find ourselves being critical towards others we should take that opportunity to pray for that person.  Sure yeast may be great in bread but a little worldly yeast in your life is no good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!